Netkiosk Standard 2020. Pro kiosk software.
Netkiosk Standard is a straightforward kiosk software application that turns your PC or any supported machine into a public or personal internet Kiosk.
Lock down your PC and limit its reach to only browser-based activity without worrying about ill–intended users.
Download fully working Trial of Netkiosk Standard kiosk software.
NOTE: In the Trial all settings are removed and restored to default after 1 hour.
Alternatively you can download the free version of Netkiosk Standard kiosk software and see if that works for you.
The free version has some options disabled that are available in the Pro version.
However, if will give you a good idea of what you can do with Netkiosk Standard.
In the free versions running Netkiosk in full screen display kiosk mode is disabled.
If you need to test full screen display kiosk mode for use on a display kiosk please download the trial of the pro version above.
Full screen interface that cannot be resized
After the application is started, a Bing homepage tab will pop up. Like the regular browser, you can add as many new tabs as you wish, but the last one, no matter what site it displays, cannot be closed. Right clicking anywhere on the screen, a drop-down menu with several quick actions, and more important, the Admin menu, will be displayed.
The Admin acts as the control panel for this utility. From there you can set up the account, restore all previous settings to default, enable and disable some features, gain access to the tools customization settings and the most important, close the app and unlock the PC.
Furthermore, when the installation process is over, two icons are generated. The one called Netkiosk Advanced Configuration is a launcher-like tool that provides several options and shortcuts related to account, machine and OS control. Also, the same settings can be accessed from inside the Admin menu by clicking on Security.
Bookmarks and Whitelist
Netkiosk can hold up to ten bookmarks that can be managed from the Bookmark Toolbar.
All you have to do is type in the domain and check the box to enable them.
Regarding the Whitelist, due to domain filtering, you have to add all the sites you visit to this list.
Adding a domain can be done by typing only the domain name in the box. Don’t use the “https://” or “.com” parts or your Whitelist won’t function accordingly.
Netkiosk Standard is a neat security application purposely designed to turn your computer into a public/personal terminal that can provide access to web browsing only.
If after you have tried Netkiosk you would like some changes or want a few extra features please do not hesitate to contact us.
We’ll customize Netkiosk for you free of charge.
Our free limited customization is a unique Netkiosk feature offered by few other software companies.
Netkiosk Standard 2020 detailed configuration instructions.
Netkiosk Admin Panel.
On first install just press enter to access admin panel.
No username or password needed.
From the Admin Panel Tab you can instantly close Netkiosk and unlock the PC.
No PC restart or user log off needed.
The extra Log of user, Restart PC, and Shut down PC are helper quick short cuts.
Netkiosk Standard Admin Tab
Add your own username and password.
Enable or disable the Tab key.
Automatically start the Netkiosk watcher program.
The watcher program will restart Netkiosk in case of an unexpected crash.
Restore all settings to default.
Netkiosk Standard Home Page Tab
1. Enter your home page in the text box next to option 1.
2. You can enable the white list under option 2.
3. See below how to properly configure the white list settings
4. To block a website or keyword see the content filter Tab
5. Turn the idle time timer on or off. See below for the idle time timer instructions.
Netkiosk Standard white list configuration.
1. You can add up to 40 website names (domains) to allow.
2. Enter the domain name only. Do not enter http:// or www or .com etc.
3. Netkiosk uses domain white listing which means you do not need to enter the full website address.
For example: if your website is http://www.mycompany.com/somefolder/somepage.html
4. You ONLY enter the main domain which in the example is mycompany
5. Do not enter anything like .com etc or the white list will not work properly.
Websites are often redirected to country domains or different sub domain which makes content filtering very tricky.
This is why Netkiosk only looks at the main domain name for the white list.
If your domain has a Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or another sub-page then make sure to add these to the white list.
On sites like Facebook and Twitter not always the Full domain is listed due to the character length and other restrictions.
These sites then often abbreviate your domain.
We have added a few samples which, of course you can remove to add your own website domain, and others.
Netkiosk Standard idle time timer.
1. You can set the idle time from 1 to 60 minutes.
If after x time a user leaves the PC without logging out, or the PC is idle for x minutes a Netkiosk screen will pop up.
2. The Netkiosk idle time screen shows the user that Netkiosk will clear their sessions after 30 seconds. (default)
3. A user has the option to click cancel. The user can then continue to use Netkiosk.
4. You can change the reset text to your own text. You can also change the idle time settings.
Netkiosk Standard Browser layout Tab.
You can instantly switch from tabbed browser to full screen display kiosk browser.
Turn Netkiosk display info kiosk mode to ON. to hide all the menu bars.
You can hide icons and configure Netkiosk to suit your needs.
Browser clicked links allow you to open all pages in the same tab.
The extra option (security popups) should normally not be changed.
Start Netkiosk top most. Netkiosk will run in front of all other Windows and Windows dialogs.
If a Windows dialog opens users can’t access these as they open in the background.
Do NOT run Netkiosk Top Most when using the Netkiosk OSK
Netkiosk Standard Tabbed Browser mode (Default)
Netkiosk Standard sample of one of our real customers.
Marks & Spencer use a customized Netkiosk version in their stores in the UAE and Asia.
Netkiosk Standard Bookmark toolbar Tab.
1. Netkiosk has a built-in custom bookmark tool bar.
2. You can show or hide the Netkiosk toolbar and give access to up to 10 fixed book marks.
3. Make sure you add the website name (domain) to the white list also if the white list is enabled.
Netkiosk Standard Content Filter Tab.
Besides the white list Netkiosk also has a custom content filter where you can block entire websites or keywords.
A keyword blocks the entire website when the keyword is found on the web page.
Be careful, as some websites contain keywords like Facebook that you might not want to block.
If you want to block a website like facebook.com, you just enter Facebook in the domain list, on the Content Filter Tab.
Again do not enter anything like http:// or www or .com etc. You only need to enter the main domain name of the website.
You can redirect the user to a custom blocked page when a keyword or website is visited that has been disallowed by the administrator.
Netkiosk Standard Windows Dialogs Tab.
1. Change the “Save As”, “Open” or “Confirm Save As” Dialog text to your own language if you are using a non-English Windows version. If
you Windows version is not in English “Save As” will be displayed in your own language.
3. Block all Windows dialog popups. These are non browser popup Windows.
Netkiosk Standard OSK Tab.
1. In our latest Netkiosk Standard version you can enable “Auto Show” to be used with touch screens.
2. When a user types in a text box on a website the Netkiosk or Windows OSK will automatically show.
3. If you do not need to give access to the Netkiosk or Windows OSK you can simply hide the icons.
4. You can change the TabTip.exe location to the location of your own custom OSK (or third party OSK)
5. The xml file location is used by the Netkiosk OSK for the OSK layout. An expert can edit the xml file to change the layout.
Netkiosk Standard Extra Options Tab.
In some cases when a user logs our certain programs might remain open in the background. This is especially the case with Acrobat Reader.
By adding the Acrobat Reader Program name (Process) Acrobat Reader will automatically close when the user logs out.
You can apply this principle to any other program you want to close when the user logs out (Except for Netkiosk of course.)
Netkiosk Standard Settings Tab.
You have multiple options to control the settings saving and loading.
You can also store the settings on a remote server.
When Netkiosk starts it will download your settings file from your server and load the settings automatically.