Netkiosk imperi (Chrome Kiosk mode)
Netkiosk imperi (Chrome Kiosk) for Windows XP (SP3), NT, Windows 7, 8, and 10.
What can I do with Netkiosk imperi?
With Chrome Kiosk you can instantly lock down your PCs and run Google Chrome in secure flexible kiosk mode. Netkiosk imperi has been specially designed to run Google Chrome in a secure kiosk mode. Via a secure admin panel you can restrict website access with a built-in white list filter. Although Chrome can run in kiosk mode by default it does not give you options to secure the settings or lock down your windows devices. This is where Netkiosk imperi will benefit you.
A custom version of Netkiosk imperi was first successfully deployed at the December 2015 Spanish Elections on around 4000 Windows Tablets.Please watch the Video page for more information and to see Netkiosk imperi in action. Another unique custom Netkiosk version will be used on the 7th of June 2018 at the Ontario Elections (Canada) on around 25000 devices. Netkiosk works just as well on just 1 PC.
What is unique about Netkiosk imperi?
- Netkiosk imperi is a 100% Google Chrome kiosk mode solution.
- Netkiosk imperi has built-in lock down features to keep Google Chrome in secure kiosk mode.
- Built-in idle time timer to clear the browser history when the user logs out or when the idle time timer kicks in.
- Custom customizable floating menu bar or touch screen keyboard.
- Secure Admin Panel (Ctrl+i or Ctrl+Shift+k)
- Flexible settings.
Netkiosk website in Netkiosk imperi (Chrome Kiosk)
Netkiosk imperi (Chrome Kiosk) 2019 Admin Panel
On first install just press Login. Then set your username and Password
How do I install Netkiosk imperi (Chrome Kiosk)
First of all you need to download and install the latest version of Google Chrome.
The Video below will show you which settings in Chrome you need to change to allow Chrome to work properly with Netkiosk imperi.
How to open Admin Panel.
To access Netkiosk imperi admin panel you simply press Ctrl+i or Ctrl+Shift+k
On first install when admin panel opens simply click Login.
In Netkiosk imperi admin panel
- Set your admin username and password.
- Show or hide the custom Netkiosk touch panel.
Users can use the Netkiosk touch panel to browse forward, backwards and clear reset the browsing history.
- You can also auto show the Windows OSK (Windows 8 and 10 only)
- Enable Netkiosk process watcher. (Optional)
In case that Netkiosk might crash Netkiosk will restart automatically when the process watcher is enabled.
- Enable the idle time reset timer.
The idle time reset timer automatically clears all browser history when the PC is idle for x minutes.
Change the idle time timer settings to suit your needs.
- Chrome kiosk parameters. For Experts ONLY!
The Chrome kiosk parameters are needed to run Chrome in kiosk mode.
DO not delete or change these or Netkiosk won’t work properly.
- Restore default settings.
A few simple settings are needed in Chrome for proper kiosk use.
Google Chrome 2019 (Settings). Using a Google Chrome older version? Please update your Chrome version.
Run the Video in full screen.
If the video is not clear change your youtube quality settings in the bottom right.
© 2017 Google Inc, used with permission. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
NETKIOSK SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.
- Please read the install help page before, or after, you install Netkiosk.
- Netkiosk works on all devices running Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows 7 ,8, and 10.
- Netkiosk can be installed on PC’s, Laptops or Windows Tablets.
- Netkiosk imperi requires Google Chrome.
Minimum screen resolution for both Netkiosk versions:1024 X 768
All Netkiosk versions require Microsoft Netframework 4.5
- If not installed already Netkiosk will try to install this automatically.
- Windows 8 and 10 have Netframework 4.5 built-in. So no need to install.
- MICROSOFT NETFRAMEWORK 4.0 (Direct download links to Microsoft website)
- If you have problems running Netkiosk please install Microsoft Netframework 4.5 (FULL VERSION)
- You need to make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed if you want to allow proper access to PDF files and your Flash player is up to date.
- Note: Please make sure that you do not install, and try to run, each Netkiosk version on the same PC, at the same time.