Netkiosk Desktop Lock 2020 is a complete lock down solution all within one easy to manage compact program.
With Netkiosk Desktop 2020 Lock you can restrict program access and control web access.
Netkiosk Desktop Lock is not a shell replacement program.
Netkiosk runs in full screen with its own desktop and Windows taskbar replacement.
In addition Windows lock down options are built-in and can be adjusted by admin.
The Windows lock down options can easily be adjusted via a secure admin panel.
Assigned access in Windows 10 only gives you the option to run 1 Windows App.
Netkiosk give you the choice to give access up to 12 standard Windows programs.
Download the fully working Trial.
File size: 5.94MB.
Free customization. Your own custom solution.
If after you have tried Netkiosk you would like some changes or want a few extra features please do not hesitate to contact us.
We’ll customize Netkiosk for you free of charge.
Our free limited customization is a unique Netkiosk feature offered by few other software companies.
Free customization is also available during the Trial phase.
We’ll work with you to get Netkiosk working for you before you decide to buy.
Then after you have purchased Netkiosk free customization remains available to you.
This in case you might want to make and changed to your custom solution.
What can I do with Netkiosk Desktop Lock?
- Lock down and secure your PCs.
- Prevent users from accessing restricted areas of the PC.
- Give access to 1 or more programs.
- Block access to all other programs.
- Block Windows popup menus (Print, Settings etc)
- Block access to external program folders.
- Give access to the secure Netkiosk Browser.
- Secure and fully customizable Kiosk Browser.
- Block web browsers such as IE, Edge (Windows 10), Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
- Admin can block access to other web browsers.
- Built-in white list and content filters.
- Customizable Theme.
- Instantly unlock your PCs for full admin access. (Admin only)
- Compatible with All Windows versions From XP to Windows 10.
Who uses Netkiosk Desktop Lock?
- Netkiosk DTL is currently used by Bayer Pharmaceuticals in Asia.
- Netkiosk is used in the Bayer factories in Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand to lock down critical operation PCs on the factory floor.
- Bayer use a customized version of Netkiosk Desktop Lock designed to suit their needs.
- You also can get your own fully customized Netkiosk version.
Why use Netkiosk Desktop Lock?
- Designed with efficiency, reliability and security in mind.
- Secure and simple configuration. You keep total control.
- Quick to deploy on multiple systems.
- Complete self enclosed secure PC lockdown.
- Complete transparency while enhancing your current IT security.
- Netkiosk does NOT make any permanent changes to your system.
- All lock down and blocking features are directly built-in inside Netkiosk.
- As soon as you close Netkiosk (Via admin panel) your PC is fully unlocked.
How does Netkiosk DTL work?
When a user tries to open a program that you have not allowed in admin panel Netkiosk will detect this and simply won’t allow access to the program (or program menu.) And nothing else.
This is a simple and effective way to control PC access without making any changes to the system as all the control features are directly built-inside Netkiosk.
Netkiosk Desktop Lock has especially been designed to be a simple, powerful, safe and effective solution whereby you, as admin, keep full control.
Contact us for more information and a trial version.
Netkiosk DTL installation help and configuration.
Netkiosk Desktop Lock Admin Panel Admin Tab.
- To open admin panel click the settings icon (bottom right)
- On first installation type your Windows admin username and password to open admin panel.
- Before you install Netkiosk make sure your Windows admin account has a password!
- You can hide the Admin icons and use the keyboard short cut to open Admin Panel. (Alt+F4 or F4)
- For reference the Admin Tab also shows the location of the settings file.
- You can export settings (to the installation folder)
- You can import settings (from the installation folder) on another PC.
- Before you import settings make sure you have copied the user.config file to the installation folder on the other PC.
The Start Options Tab.
- You can hide or show the Ctrl+Alt+Del Start Menu icons via the Enable or Disable Ctrl/Alt/Del Buttons.
- This is a special Windows function so make sure you read the help file.
- Windows Task manager is automatically disabled while Netkiosk runs.
Netkiosk Auto Start.
- You can enable or disable Netkiosk Auto Start.
- If enabled Netkiosk will automatically start after the user logs in.
- When Netkiosk Shell mode is enabled Netkiosk is the very first program that starts immediately after the user logs in.
- Netkiosk watcher monitors Netkiosk Desktop Lock.
- In the rare case of an unexpected crash Netkiosk DTL will automatically restart.
You can block access to USB ports and CD Drives.
The Background image Tab.
Here you can change the default background image to your own.
You can also change the Netkiosk Desktop background colour.
And with the desktop background images changed to a sample image.
The menu icons / OSK
- Browser such as IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Opera can be blocked when Netkiosk runs.
- You can hide the Netkiosk Start menu icons.
- You can give access to the Netkiosk or Windows OSK.
- You can give access to the secure browser.
- You can download Netkiosk Secure Browser direct from our site.
- You can run Netkiosk Secure Browser directly inside Netkiosk Desktop Lock.
The Programs Access Tab.
- This is one of the main Tab pages where you set which programs users can access.
- You can allow up to 5 Programs that users can access via the Netkiosk Desktop or the Netkiosk Taskbar Program icons.
- These programs are automatically added to the Allowed Programs Tab.
- You can show or hide any of the icons.
The Allowed Programs Tab.
- Here you can see which programs are running.
- You can add the program name manually also.
- You can add or remove any programs from the Allowed Programs List.
- When you tick “Block all programs except my allowed Programs” Only the Programs that are added to the Allowed Programs list will be allowed.
- When a user tries to open a Program that is not in the Allowed Programs list the program will simply blocked. (i.e. the user can not open the Program).
- Note: Programs are only blocked when Netkiosk Runs.
- Netkiosk uses a special process monitor to check which programs are allowed.
The Program Menus Tab.
- This is optional and gives you extra power and control over what you want your users to access.
- The Netkiosk Program Menu monitor allows you to block any Windows or External Program Menu.
- This might be useful if you want to stop users opening external program menus.
- Open Netkiosk Admin Panel.
- Go to the Program Menus Tab. and tick no 1. (Block Access etc…..)
- Open the program or windows menu that you want to block. (Do not close Admin Panel).
- When you open the program menu folder the text appears in the yellow text box.
- You can then add the program or Windows menu you want to block to the Program Menus.
- When a user clicks on a blocked program or Windows menu, either the menu or the program will simply close.
The Ctrl+Alt+Del Tab.
The Keyboard Short cuts Tab.
Some of these keyboard short cuts can be used to block user access.
They can be applied to Windows or other programs.
These can be applied instantly. No registry settings are used.
The keyboard short cuts are only blocked when Netkiosk runs.
When admin closes Netkiosk ALL keys are instantly enabled.
The Programs Help Tab.
You can also refer to our website for help and setup for Netkiosk Desktop Lock.